Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Never Underestimate Tony Stark

I'm at the DC Improv Lounge two Fridays in a row, on 4/24 and 5/1. I'm pretty pumped about it, as it's one of the best venues in the area and always has good crowds. I've never not had a great time there, either as a comic or an audience member.

Wait...what's that you say? You'd love to come check me out this Friday, April 24th? You would? You're going to come and bring a bunch of friends with you? That's so awesome....too bad you can't, cause it's sold out already. This represents a massive ticket-buying fail on your part. Too bad so sad. It's totally your loss too, because it has some of DC's best young comics, like the hilarious Brian Parissi.

Fortunately, you've got another chance to catch me at the Prov. I am participating in the Jake Young/Eric Moberg joint production Awesome Boost, on Friday May 1, at 8:00PM. Along with Jake and Eric, my friends Kathleen O'Brien and Evan Valentine will be on the show. Everybody on the lineup is good and funny. Evan has a joke about Ghostbusters that is one of my favorite bits floating around the DC area. The illustrious Tiffany Bridge did a write-up about us for We Love DC, so check out that blurb.

A contributor for Daily Kos that goes by the handle Tia Rachel showed me some love Tuesday; she apparently came across a blog of mine in which I hate on the Rat-Faced Wonder that is Coach K. She threw up a bunch of links concerning your boy, so thanks to her for that. Also, I think I'm going to include "random-blogger-comedian-guy" on my next business card.

So all in all, a pretty good little day today. You might even wonder how it could get any better. I don't think it could. I mean, it's not like I'm going to come across a rap song about Iron Man. That's too awesome to even fathom. And even if that kind of thing did exist, it's not like it's going to come from a talented MC like, say, I don't know....Ghostface Killah? That's just too much to ask.




In other news, I have found the theme song/ring tone/celebratory jam I'm going to use for the rest of my life in every scenario I possibly can. I don't care if I'm 95 years old and the occasion is coming across a sale on adult diapers, I'll still blast this one for everybody to hear. If you're getting married anytime soon, and you'd like to use this for your first dance with your wife/husband, go for it.

You're welcome.

No comments: