Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Monopoly Guy Really Beefed Up For This

Caught this trailer the other day. This movie might be pretty awesome.



Basically, it's about this guy who goes to jail for robbery. He goes nuts in jail and keeps getting loose, taking hostages, beating people mercilessly, and becoming a celebrity in the process. And he adopts the name Charles Bronson.

Oh yeah, and it actually happened. And the dude's still alive.

I will be going to see this when it comes out. One of my favorite parts of living in in a major city is the fact that you can pretty much see any movie that gets released. Last weekend I saw the excellent Slumdog Millioniare, or as I like to call it, Punjabi Goodfellas. Back home in Fredericksburg, I doubt it's playing anywhere. The theater there plays about nine movies, which usually include 7 pieces of standard Hollywood garbage, a kids movie, and no more than one movie for black people.

I don't know much about this film yet other than what I've seen in the trailer, but I can tell you where they should have the premiere:



Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to Emmett's Fix-It Shop to fix Emmett.

No comments: